The Odessa College board will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Monday in the Zant room in the center of the Saulsbury campus to consider approving the 2021 tax rate.
The proposed rate is .201723 per $ 100 appraisal and the 2020 rate was .188965 per $ 100 appraisal. The rate that would have triggered an election is 0.214653 per $ 100 of assessment and the rate needed to generate the same tax revenue as last year is 0.197289. It is now called the no new income tax rate.
The total budget for this year is $ 74,588,865, of which $ 53,223,726 is unrestricted and $ 21,365,139 is restricted.
Some of the other items on the agenda are:
- Review and approve the Athletics Stadium Phase 1 offer – Hellas Construction.
- Report on the approval of diesel trucks and trailers for truck driving programs.
- Report on the approval of the addition of the Advise program to the Ellucian contract.
- Letter of Understanding between OC Wrangler Club Inc. and Odessa College.
- Extension of the custodian contract with Frost Bank.
The elements of the report are:
- Education report, social services.
- Institutional effectiveness report.
- Vision 2030 + update.
- President’s Report to President Gregory Williams: OC 75th Anniversary and Innovator; Frequently Asked OC Resources; Brian Jones appointed to Commission on Community College Funding; Nikki Brown appointed to the Texas Transfer Framework Field of Student Discipline Subcommittee for Criminal Justice; and the inauguration ceremony of the Odessa College stadium.